Friday, November 22, 2013

What a Week!

This has been a busy week.  A crazy week.  So much to do.  So many appointments.  Doctors and dentists.  And because we live where we do, none of that is a quick trip.  Which means lots of time in the car.  Which means a single appointment can take hours, or most of the day as was the case Tuesday when I went to the rheumatologist.

My rheumatologist is in Kingsport, TN, which is about an hour and a half drive from here, each way.  That's three hours in the car just to get there and back.  And they were very busy on Tuesday, which meant I spent about two hours in the office.  That pretty much filled up my day, by the time I got some lunch and made a Wal-mart stop.  We don't have Wal-mart here in our county, so a stop at Wal-mart is pretty much part of every trip to the rheumatologist!

Yesterday I went to the dentist.  That's also over in Tennessee, but much closer, only about 40 minutes away.  But it was the first time I had seen this dentist, so it was a long appointment.  Teeth cleaning, x-rays, consultation.  All that took some time.  That pretty much filled up my afternoon.

Meanwhile, in between all these appointments all the regular stuff of life needs to be dealt with.  Laundry.  Grocery shopping.  And extra grocery shopping, because next week is Thanksgiving.  All the family will be here, which I am very excited about, but having all the family here means more groceries than are needed when it's just two of us.  And more planning.  So that means lots of lists.  And trying to get organized.  And so far, I'm not doing a very good job of that.

I'm also trying to finish the Christmas shopping, so I can send gifts home with everybody after Thanksgiving, since we won't be together for Christmas this year.  That means more lists.  And more trying to be organized.  And in this instance, as with the grocery lists, I don't think I'm doing a very good job.

On top of it all, I have discovered that I am a wolf.  I gained this important piece of information last night when I was scrolling through Facebook and took one of those personality tests.  I think this one was called "What's Your Animal Personality?", or something like that.  It's supposedly based on the Myers-Briggs personality test (which determines that I'm an "INFJ", whatever that means).  Wolves are apparently "value-driven individuals who tend to remain mysterious and complex even after you’ve become close to one. They are often creative and inspired individuals. They are good at perceiving emotions and are sensitive to the feelings of others, but they are not very prone to revealing much of themselves until they trust someone completely. That said, they are intensely interested in the well-being of others and are often seen as protectors as well as natural leaders."

I'm not sure that I like being described as a wolf.  Although I have to admit that the description is pretty accurate.  So maybe being a wolf isn't such a bad thing!  In any event, I am who I am!

I've had a busy week.  I've learned a little about myself, for what it's worth.  And the week isn't over.   Still more to do.  Still more lists to make.  And in the middle of it all, still much to be thankful for!

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."  (Psalm 139:13-14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment