Friday, November 8, 2013

Snack Attack

Yesterday I had the "munchies".  I wanted something salty, so I grabbed a handful of potato chips.  Then I wanted something sweet, so I grabbed some candy.  I pretty much snacked my way right through the day.  Do you ever have days like that, or am I the only one?

Days like that are not a good thing.  Not good for my waistline or for my nutrition.

Unfortunately, there are many people who approach God's Word in that same way, with a "snacking mentality."  Just grabbing a snack here or there, but never sitting down for a full meal.  They have a quick verse here or a devotional thought there.  And just as a quick snack is not good for proper nutrition of the physical body, neither is a quick snack of Scripture adequate for proper nutrition for the spirit.

If my body's nourishment comes only from snacks, I will be malnourished.  How much more this is for spiritual nourishment!

When was the last time you sat down for a good "meal" of Scripture?

"I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food."  (Job 23:12 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment