Monday, November 25, 2013

Great Anticipation

It's finally here.....Thanksgiving week!  As the week begins, I'm looking forward with anticipation, and also looking back, reflecting on the blessings of this year, the many reasons I have for thanks-giving, and also remembering previous Thanksgivings.

The list of reasons for giving thanks is very long indeed, much too long to list out here.  I am a very blessed woman.  And some of my blessings will be here later this week, which is one of the things I'm so looking forward to.

In just a couple of days, the house will be full of love and laughter.  The sounds of family.  Football.  Board games.  Silly jokes.  This is always such a special blessings, since the times when we are all in the same place at the same time are all too few.  So, I'm looking forward with great anticipation.  I've made my lists, checked them more than twice, and am beginning the preparations today with some grocery shopping.  Then the baking will begin!

This morning, I'm also anticipating an event four weeks from today, when I will board a flight to Israel.  Having traveled to Israel is one of the great blessings of my life, and I'm looking forward with great anticipation to this next trip.

As I follow events in the news, and as I read and study the Scriptures, there's another event I'm looking forward to as well.  The difference is that I don't know the "when".  Yet it is with a sense of expectation and great anticipation that I join the hymnwriter in asking, "O Lord Jesus, how long?  How long 'til we shout the glad song?  Christ returneth!" 


"looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of our great God and our Savior Jesus Christ."  (Titus 2:13 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment