Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Overwhelmed

It's a busy week.  One full of appointments and stuff that needs to be done.  Al and I both are on the run all week.  He had a doctor appointment yesterday and has a dental appointment today.  I have an appointment with my rheumatologist today and see the dentist on Thursday.  In between, there's lots of other stuff that needs doing.  It's all a bit overwhelming, really.

As I was thinking through the to-do list this morning, trying to be certain that all our lists are in order, that we're going to the right place at the right time, that nothing gets forgotten, I found myself overwhelmed.  But not by the schedule.

This morning I find myself overwhelmed by the goodness of God.  By His great love.  By His mercy.  And His grace.  Overwhelmed to know that even when I can't seem to keep everything organized, He has it all under control.  Overwhelmed to know that there's really no need for me to worry about anything.  Overwhelmed by all His blessings. 

Just overwhelmed.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits."  (Psalm 103:1-2 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment