Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Morning Reflections.....

In my last post I mentioned the blue sky.  I think that was the last day we actually saw any blue sky around here!  And it was the same in SC where we spent the weekend.  Dreary, dreary, dreary!

Before we headed down to SC, I finally had the long-awaited appointment with the rheumatologist.  I think I waited more than four months for that appointment!  In any event, the good news is that he has prescribed a different medication for my arthritis that will not cause any further damage to my kidneys.  The bad news is it may be up to a month before I begin to notice the effect of the medication!  At least that's what the doctor said, and everything I read about the medication confirms that.  But, I did feel better yesterday than I have felt in a long time, so maybe it's working already!

To those of you who have been following my journey of kidney disease and arthritis, thank you so much for your prayers and all your expressions of love and support.  You truly are a blessing in my life!

Speaking of blessings, we went to SC to celebrate my mother-in-law's 90th birthday.  We had planned a small gathering of family and close friends, not wanting anything to be too overwhelming.  All this, of course, was carefully planned and discussed multiple times with Al's mom, and she had told us who she wanted to invite.  Even so, there was a little underlying concern, due to her Alzheimer's disease.  We were hoping and praying that this would be a happy experience for her, and that it wouldn't cause too much stress.  But, Alheimer's being what it is, we didn't really know what to expect or how she might react when party day actually arrived.

Although she seemed a little stressed about the whole thing on Saturday morning, by the time Saturday afternoon came and guests began dropping by, she seemed very relaxed and content.  I am happy to report that she had a wonderful time!  What a blessing!  What an answer to prayer!

Now another week begins.  Actually, it began yesterday with a wonderful day of worship.  Our pastor is away on a much-deserved vacation, so our Minister to Students brought the morning message.  And a powerful message it was!  Another blessing!  More about that another day.

And here we are at Monday morning.  Another week. Another opportunity to be blessed by God.  To see Him at work.   I'm looking forward to what this week will bring!

"Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 3:13b-14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment