Monday, March 22, 2010

Testimony

In the last post, our focus was on the word "remember".  "Remember" (Hebrew word  zakar) means "to remember, to recall, to think about, to acknowledge."  We have seen the psalmist remembering.....verse 52 - "I have remembered Your ordinances from of old."  In verse 55 he remembers "Your name in the night."  In the context of this psalm, the psalmist's testimony is of God's faithfulness to him through all the circumstances of his life.  His "remembering" has resulted in obedience to God's precepts (verse 56 - "I observe Your precepts.").  This is the psalmist's testimony.

I have been remembering as well.  This week we will have the closing for the sale of my childhood home, and as we approach that date, I have been traveling down memory lane.....remembering the happy times in that house and remembering my parents.  As I think about my parents, I remember their love for God and their love for His Word, and how they taught me to do the same.  I didn't "inherit" a love for God and His Word.  It was taught to me.  It was modeled in front of me.  It was the way of life in our home.  I am so grateful to God for my parents and for their priorities!  That's the testimony of my life.

Today's word is "commitment".  The word is not mentioned in this stanza (or in vav).  But as we look again at these two stanzas, the concept is there.  What commitments has the psalmist made?  (See verse 46 as an example).  What commitments is he keeping in his life?  (See verse 53 as an example.)

What about you?  What are your commitments?  What will be the testimony of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment