Friday, March 13, 2020

Today I Will...

Do you ever feel as though the world has gone crazy?

As if the incessant blah-blah-blah of the political season weren't enough, now the world has gone crazy because of a virus.

Put that on top of the regular stress and frustration that often characterize daily living, and it's all a bit more than we think we can deal with. I don't know about you, but in my stroke-recovery-world, all the stress and arguing and noise pollution of life cause me some stress. And now we're all afraid we're going to die because of a virus. It's a bit much.

So today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will remember:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you. (Isaiah 26:3 ESV)

The word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.  (Psalm 18:30 ESV)

You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.  (Psalm 3:3 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will trust:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26:4 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will give thanks:

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! 
(1 Chronicles 16:34 ESV)

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  (Psalm 9:1 ESV)

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will not be afraid.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore, we will not fear." 
(Psalm 46:1-2a ESV)

Today, in the middle of the stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will praise God!

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Oh, magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt his name together.  (Psalm 34:1,3 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment