Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday Musings

As we enter yet another week of this new normal, my thoughts are all over the place this morning, so perhaps this should be called "Monday Morning Ramblings"!


Life is very strange these days and we are all a little off kilter. A little bit out of our comfort zones. I stepped way out of my comfort zone when I shared my Sunday School lesson on Facebook Live on Saturday. And then I set up a YouTube channel so non-facebookers would have access to it. That's a really big leap for me, as I am not at all comfortable with technology.


We've grown somewhat accustomed now to having our church services on-line. I'm thankful we have this means of worshiping together and staying connected. And we have the advantage of listening over and over if we want to. Or of "visiting" our friends in other churches throughout the week. And while this has become our normal, at least for the moment, I don't want to get too used to it. I miss being with my church family.


Yesterday afternoon Al and I ventured out for a walk through Hatcher Gardens, which is just down the road from where we live. It was refreshing to walk somewhere other than up and down my street, and we really enjoyed the fresh air and the beautiful surroundings. There were other people in the park, although not too many, and we were careful to all maintain social distancing! Some families were enjoying picnic lunches there. Others like us were just walking and enjoying the outdoors.


We received some wonderful news yesterday evening when we learned that our friends in Tennessee who have the virus are much improved. Bill is now off the ventilator, although still hospitalized, and Jean has returned home, where she is quarantined for 14 days with home health care. This is such an answer to prayer! God is so good!


As I have been thinking about them this morning, this world from Psalm 116 came to mind:


"Because he bends down to listen, I will pray to him as long as I have breath."
(Psalm 116:3 NLT)


He bends down to listen. What a wonderful thought. What a comfort in these challenging times. He listens to me. To you.


I'm overwhelmed.





No comments:

Post a Comment