Friday, March 27, 2020

Diary of a Pandemic. Safely Through Another Week.

"Safely through another week God has brought us on our way."*


We used to sing that hymn sometimes on Sunday mornings when I was a child. It's one of those we don't sing any more, but it came to mind this morning. We have made it through another week.


I'm thankful this morning that my husband and I are healthy, and that my family is all healthy. But this became very real and personal to me this week when two of our very dearest friends tested positive for Covid-19 and were hospitalized there in Tennessee where they live.


This has been a frustrating week. A week when we are all getting a little stir crazy. When we all have a bit of cabin fever. Even so, I am so unbelievably frustrated by people who carry on with life as usual, who don't stay home, who think this doesn't apply to them.


We are all in this together. And we all have to do our part. As one who in a high risk category, because of my age but also because of my health and my compromised immune system, I'm being extra careful. As should we all be.


This virus is no respecter of persons. And so we must all do our part.


Stay home. Please. If not for yourself, then for those you love.


It isn't easy. We all have to find ways to maintain contact with the outside world. We need to check on each other. Especially in these challenging times, a phone call or a text message can really brighten someone's day.


I don't know how long this will last. But when we make it through and come out on the other side, let's continue to encourage one another.


"And encourage one another day after day..." (Hebrews 3:13 NASB)




*"Safely through Another Week" - Newton/Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment