Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Always

It's a cold, rainy morning here in the Upstate.  Cold and rainy and dreary.  And I'm not feeling my usual cheerful self this morning.  Maybe it's a virus.  Maybe it's the weather.  Maybe it's something else.  But I'm a little under the weather, as they say (whoever "they" are!).

Even so, on this dreary morning, as I looked out the back window, my spirits were lifted.  I walked out onto the back porch, and through the rain and dreariness, I saw this:


And this:


These views from the back porch are a reminder.  Even on rainy, dreary days.  Even when I don't feel my best.  Even when circumstances are less than I might like them to be.

Even then, there is always something to be thankful for.

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment