Monday, January 26, 2015

Thankful. Even When the Weather Is Crazy.

We've had some crazy weather around here lately.

There was ice on Friday. 


 
 
 
On Saturday morning we had a light dusting of snow.
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday afternoon brought bright sunshine and that snow became a distant memory.
 
Sunday was very spring-like with bright sun and light breezes.
 
This morning it's snowing again.  The ground is covered, and the snow continues to fall.  Of course it's nothing like what some parts of the country are experiencing.  We're not using the "B" word (blizzard) here.  We have very light winds and some gently falling snow.
 
Gentle.  Peaceful.  Serene.  Those are words that come to mind as I look out the window this morning.
 
In addition to the snow, we are fogged in.  Surrounded by gray.  Not much visibility.  There are days when that really drags me down.  When the gray is just gloomy.  Somehow that's not true this morning.
 
Today that fog feels more like the comforting presence of the Holy Spirit surrounding me with His presence.  This morning as I've spent time in the Word, as I have worshiped, as I have prayed and already experienced an answer to one of the things I was very specifically praying about, I am experiencing a very real sense of the Lord's presence.
 
And I am so thankful.
 
Thankful that His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:23).
 
Thankful that "though [my] sins be as scarlet, they will be as white as snow."     (Isaiah 1:16).
 
Thankful that "as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty without accomplishing what I desire and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."  (Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB)
 
So thankful today.
 
Thankful for a new week.  Thankful for snow.  Thankful for a faithful God.
 
Just thankful.
 
"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits."  (Psalm 103:1-2 NASB)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment