Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Change of Plans. Or What to Do on a Snow Day.

We had a little more snow overnight.  And a little more early this morning.  And I won't be surprised if it snows some more before we see the sun again.  Right now the view out the window looks like this: 



 
 
 
 
Of course, it could be much worse.  It could look like this:
 
 
 
 
 
Or this:  


 
 
Or, even worse, I could be in New York or New England.
 
It really isn't that bad.  We don't have a huge amount of snow.  Just enough to disrupt my plans for the day. 
 
There really is much to be thankful for on a day like this.  The snow, even though it disrupts my plans, is beautiful.  And even though it is very, very cold outside, I have a warm house and plenty of hot coffee.  I am toasty warm as I sit here in front of the fire.  So, it's all good.
 
The down side of the snow is that my plans are disrupted.  There will be no getting out and about today.  No trip to town for a pedicure.  That's a disappointment.  The appointment is rescheduled, and I now have an afternoon with nothing on my schedule.
 
But that gives me a large block of uninterrupted time to spend here: 
 
 
And that's a good thing.
 
"Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day."          (Psalm 25:4-5 NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment