Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

Yesterday was a rainy, dreary day.  It rained all day, quite hard at times.  Today looks to be more of the same.  And then tonight we have the promise of the dreaded "wintry mix".

None of that gets me terribly excited.  I'm not one of those people who is thrilled at the prospect of another day of rain.

Until I read these verses this morning:

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."  (Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB)

That puts a different perspective on all this rain.

Instead of something to be dreaded or to be complained about, the rain is a reminder of this truth.  That God's Word always accomplishes His purpose.  That His Word is an anchor in times of storm.  That His Word is something I can trust and depend on, no matter what my circumstances might be.

And that's something to be thankful for on this rainy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment