Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy!

I love this time of year!  In fact, this late-spring-moving-into-summer in the mountains may be my most favorite time of year! 

I love all the shades of green as I look out across the surrounding mountains and the valley below us.  I'm amazed every year at how many shades of green I see! 

I love the view from our front porch at this time of year.  I love seeing leaves and grass again after the stark grays of winter.

I love hearing the birds sing.  Watching the hummingbirds and finches and their feathered friends at our bird feeders. 

I love our front porch at this time of year.  I love sitting in the rocking chairs in the late afternoon.  Watching the sun's rays through the trees.  Listening to the sounds of the birds and the wind chimes.  Enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of this season of the year. 

I love the gentle breezes of this season of the year.  They are especially welcome after the harsh winds of winter.

Of course, there are a few things about this season that are less welcome.  Like the hornets and yellowjackets that are coming out of their winter hidey-holes.  And the carpenter bees that show up at this season, just so they can bore holes in our house.  Living in a wooden house makes this particularly troublesome, so we have lots of carpenter bee traps hanging in prime locations, just waiting to catch those pesky creatures!

Winter in these mountains can be very long and very gloomy, so I'm always glad when spring finally arrives.  And especially glad when we get to these late-spring-not-quite-summer, warm-but-not-yet-hot, days with plenty of sunshine and gentle breezes.  With leaves on the trees and flowers blooming.

To borrow a phrase from a well-known TV personality, the sights and smells and sounds of this time of year make me happy, happy, happy!


"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name."              (Psalm 103:1 ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment