Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Still Giving Thanks

Still giving thanks.  Still grateful.  That's me!  On this day before Thanksgiving, I'm still counting my blessings.  Will I ever be done?  Nope!!

Today I'm thankful for.......
  • a good report at my eye check-up this morning.  After last week's laser zapping, my left eye is back to 20-20!
  • not getting on an airplane today.  As I watch the news reports today of holiday travelers waiting in line at busy airports around the country, I have flashbacks of many holiday eves spent at airports waiting in line and I'm glad not to be doing that today.
  • my free turkey!  Having earned enough "turkey points" from my grocery store just for buying the groceries I would have bought anyway, I got my free turkey today.  Since I'm not cooking Thanksgiving Dinner, Mr. Turkey is in the freezer waiting for Christmas.
  • phone calls from my grandsons.  I talked to AJ on Monday and to Christopher on Tuesday.  There just aren't words to describe my joy and delight when I answer the phone and hear "Hey Nana!".
This is, of course, only a partial list.  My fingers would probably be very tired if I typed until I had exhausted the list of things to be thankful for!

It's a beautiful day.  And I'm thankful.  I have plenty of coffee.  And I'm thankful.  My sweet husband got the groceries out of the car (a task I hate!).  And I'm thankful.  And on and on the list goes.

At this moment, our trip to Israel is still on.  And I'm thankful. And, no, I'm not afraid!  I think I have mentioned this before :)  If the trip gets postponed, I'll still be thankful.  Disappointed, certainly.  But still thankful.

Thankful.  Overflowing with gratitude for my wonderful life.  That's me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment