Friday, November 16, 2012

Partly Cloudy

I had an appointment with my eye surgeon this morning, the same surgeon who had removed my cataracts and implanted new lenses for me about a year ago.  Lately my vision was becoming a little cloudy, which is apparently common with the type of lenses I had implanted.  The back wall of the "capsule" where the lens goes gets a little thick, almost like scar tissue, and needs some laser "zapping" to clear it up.  So this morning, the left eye was zapped, and in a few weeks I'll go back and get the right eye taken care of.  I'm told my vision will be a little fuzzy today - and it is - but I'm promised that it will be clear in a day or two.

This cloudy vision with the promise that I'll soon see clearly has me thinking about the words of the Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians.  There's a similar promise there.....now we can only see dimly but one day we'll see clearly.  That's a promise I'm holding on to! 

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." 
(1 Corinthians 13:12 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment