Friday, November 9, 2012

My Hope

I began the week with a sense of optimism.  With a sense of hope that things might be changing for the better in the country.  With a hope for a brighter future for my sons and my grandsons.

In the middle of the week that hope took a real hit when I realized that not much had changed at all.  That perhaps the only thing that had changed was that as a nation we are more divided than ever.

As I have reflected on the election and its results, a sense of optimism has returned.  You may wonder why, since nothing has really changed.  And perhaps that is the real reason.....because nothing has really changed.

Because today and tomorrow and the day after that, just as in all the days before, my hope is not in government or politicians.  My hope is "built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."  My hope is not in elephants or donkeys.  My hope is in the Lamb.  The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.  The Lion of the tribe of Judah.  My hope is in the Lord.

MY HOPE IS IN THE LORD
My hope is in the Lord Who gave Himself for me,
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

No merit of my own His anger to suppress,
My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.

Refrain
For me He died, For me He lives,
And everlasting life and light He freely gives.

And now for me He stands Before the Father's throne,
He shows His wounded hands, and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all, 'Tis mine but to believe,
And recognize His work of love and Christ receive.

(Text and Music by Norman J. Clayton)

No comments:

Post a Comment