Friday, September 18, 2009

Chocolate

I've been doing some preliminary preparations for a Bible Study I'm soon to be part of......"Sweeter than Chocolate"......and so I've had chocolate on the brain!! I'm so excited about the study, but don't want to pre-empt that, so let's just let our minds wander and our mouths drool a bit thinking about chocolate!!!

I've been trying to decide what my favorite chocolate thing is. Amazingly, I really don't care for chocolate ice cream. I do love chocolate cake, and brownies, and chocolate pie, and chocolate covered strawberries.......I could go on and on and on!!

Some years ago, my husband had a position as Executive Director of an international non-profit association, and in conjunction with that we were fortunate to travel to some really fabulous places. Once we spent about three weeks in Europe, and one leg of that trip took us from Paris to Barcelona, Spain. We were booked on Swiss Air. I share all this because it leads to one of my favorite chocolate memories :)

As we traveled, in coach mind you, we were served lunch. Yes, I know, it's hard to imagine an actual meal in coach, but it's true! Even more mind-boggling......the meal began with the flight attendants bringing WARM ROLLS, offering the basket of breads to each passenger for their selection, with NO LIMIT on how much bread one could take. Then came the meal itself, which frankly I don't really remember. I do remember the flight attendants coming back with more bread for those who wanted it. And at the end of the meal came the best part......CHOCOLATE!! A tray of assorted Swiss Chocolates from which we could choose whatever we wanted!! I confess that I took more than I needed because I wanted to be sure to have some for later. This was fabulous chocolate.....not that waxy stuff you get at the discount store. This was the real deal.....some of the absolute best chocolate I have ever tasted! And believe me, I've tasted a lot of chocolate!!

What connection does this have to Bible Study, you might ask? Exactly this, that God's Word IS sweeter than chocolate. That just as I salivated all over myself at the thought of an unlimited amount of Swiss chocolate being offered to me for FREE, even more am I absolutely beside myself when I think of the FEAST that is the Word of God being available to me every day..... and how I look forward with great anticipation to see how God is going to speak to me through His Word!!! That truly is sweeter than chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment