Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amazing!

I was wide awake at 4AM this morning. That is is VERY unusual. First of all, I NEVER get up that early......at least not voluntarily. And no matter what time I get up, I'm never immediately wide awake. I typically ease into the day :) But today was not one of those days.

My first reaction was to wonder why I was awake so early and then to wonder why I couldn't go back to sleep! Then I began to realize that I must be awake for a reason, so I just got up, started the coffee maker, got my Bible, journal, pen and other resources, and got comfortable in my favorite chair anticipating what God might be about to say to me this morning!

I had a wonderful time in the Sermon on the Mount, finishing my lesson for tomorrow's Bible Study time. I spent some time in Esther. I pondered some thoughts about Abraham and Isaac and God's Covenant with Abraham and his descendants. I spent some time in worship in the Psalms. And I read a wonderful devotional thought based on the verse, "Thou, God, seest me."

The devotional writer related an experience in the life of Isaac Watts, when a teacher said to him, "People will tell you that God is always watching you to see when you do wrong so He can punish you. I do not want you to think of it that way. Rather let these words (Thou, God, seest me) remind you all through your life tht God loves you so much that He cannot take His eyes off of you." Wow!!

As I think about those words, I'm reminded of how I used to just stare at my boys when they were babies.....couldn't take my eyes off of them because I loved them so and they were so precious to me! Or how I just enjoy watching everything my grandsons do, no matter what it is....just can't stop looking at them!! I came across a photo recently, a candid shot from our wedding showing the two of us just standing there gazing at each other. Something, by the way, that we still do......just because we love each other so much!

And that pales in comparison to the love God has for us! Just to think that even now God is looking at me. That God loves me so much He can't take His eyes off me! That is definitely a "WOW" thought that will get me through whatever comes my way today.

So if you happen to see me at Walmart or at Ingles or at CVS or anywhere else today, that smile on my face and that twinkle in my eye is because I'm remembering that God just can't take His eyes off me!! Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment