Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I love spring cleaning! I know......that sounds just a tiny bit strange!! Particularly coming from someone whose favorite pasttime is NOT housecleaning! Maybe it's because it brings back memories of my mother. Every spring (and again in the fall) it was time to clean windows, wash baseboards, clean every drawer and closet, every nook and cranny........not that anything really needed that sort of cleaning because she was an immaculate housekeeper.

But beyond the trips down memory lane, I think it has to do with winter being over and the promise of more sunshine. Winters here tend to be long, damp, cold, dreary affairs.......not as cold as some of the places I have lived (Minnesota, Connecticut, Colorado), but dreary nonetheless. So as the temperatures begin to be a bit warmer and the skies a bit bluer, I'm ready to declutter and do some serious cleaning. Family members have commented that when I'm stressed I tend to clean, so if I'm really stressed, the house will be really clean!! And maybe that's part of it too.......day after day after day of "dreary" is stressful for me. I love sunshine!

So, I'm feeling hopeful today......sunny!! There's a spring in my step, I'm humming a happy tune (can't whistle!!) and all the dust bunnies should be on alert!

As Mr. Rogers would say, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment