Sunday, April 19, 2009

A New Week

I'm looking forward to this new week. I'm actually glad it's Monday (you won't hear me say that very often!!) I'm ready for last week to be a distant memory. Not only because of the dreary weather early on in the week, but also because of a couple of situations that frankly hurt my feelings. I don't know if I should say I was irritated or disappointed, or irritated AND disappointed. I guess it's more accurate to say I was both, and primarily because of the unbelievable insensitivity of a couple of people who should know better. So, I'll just say that I was irritated/angry and disappointed and hurt at how the whole situation played out.

But, it's a new week and I am choosing to put all that behind me. Call it a positive attitude or a Philippians 4:8 mentality (look it up if you don't know what I mean), but I am choosing to leave the past behind and focus on the week ahead.

This will be a busy week. There's lots to do to get ready for a visit with my dad, then my niece Amanda's wedding on Friday night, a Gaither Vocal Band concert on Saturday, and traveling back home on Sunday. So who has time to be grumpy? I'm looking forward!

"Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead...." (Philippians :13)

No comments:

Post a Comment