Friday, April 3, 2009

2 Chronicles 7:14

It has been a busy week since I last sat down to write anything. Last weekend we celebrated our grandson's 3rd birthday.....a fun birthday party followed by a trip to Build-A-Bear to spend the gift card from Nana and Opa (that's us!). I'm glad we were able to experience that with him. Sunday was spent driving back home in time for a "singing"......several churches around the county coming together to share their music, mostly choral, with a few solos. Our choir sang two songs, one of which included a solo by yours truly. I remembered all the words (a good thing....) but the microphone picked that time to malfunction........good thing I have a big mouth!!

The rest of the week has been three steps forward, two steps back as I try to catch up. Not sure how I got so far behind on everything, but it happens! Meanwhile, I have been pondering the lessons uncovered in Monday night's Bible Study group, had a nice visit with my dad on Wednesday, and trying to remain upbeat in a world that is doing its best to prevent that! Just listening to news reports, reading e-mails/having conversation with friends about the current state of affairs in our nation, paying attention to world events is enough to drag a person down.

For many months I have been so burdened for my country and the direction it seems to be heading. I know that many others share this burden. Is there any hope for us? I believe our hope lies not in who occupies the Oval Office or who sits in the Congress, but in 2 Chronicles 7:14......."if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Troublesome times are not new. The words of an old gospel song from the last century reflect that.....
"Troublesome times are here, filling men’s hearts with fear, Freedom we all hold dear, now is at stake. Humbling your heart to God saves from the chastening rod. Seek the way pilgrims trod,
Christians awake!"

And in the century before that, people were praying for a revival for this country. Click this link to find out more about the Fulton Street Revival.

I'm praying for my country, for another Great Awakening in this country, that we would truly be a nation under God, that we would humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways and that God would hear and heal our land. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment