Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm well past the season of life where I wonder how to dress my children for school or for playing outside or for trips to the park/zoo/wherever. I no longer wonder if we'll be able to play outside today.......except when the grandchildren are around, and because they live far away, those days are far between and therefore special (VERY special!) occasions. This is the time of year when I think I'm glad that those days are behind me, and glad that I no longer go every day to a J.O.B. since trying to figure out what to wear in this weather would make me nuts!! This morning is another cold, dreary, on-again-off-again rainy morning......a repeat of yesterday. I'm so thankful for any moisture that comes our way, particularly after the last couple of years of extreme (or exceptional, or whatever the term for "absolute worst possible condition" is) drought. Two years ago (2007) our rain gauge registered less than 6 inches of precipitation for the ENTIRE YEAR! And after the no-water, therefore the spring has dried up experiences of these years, I don't want to complain at all about rain.

HOWEVER........I'm really missing the sun! I'm soooooooo ready for beautiful warm spring days, when I can be outside without layers of clothes, when I can sit on the porch in the rocking chairs, when I could play outside (if I only had those grandchildren to play with!!). Those kinds of days really lift my spirits, not to mention how much better they are for these arthritic bones! I am so looking forward to spring.....real spring, not these teases we have been getting lately. I want to see the sun.

Beyond that, I want to see the SON! So, regardless of the weather.....warm or cool, rainy or sunny, that's where I choose to put my focus........."therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us (or so great a host of clouds and fog surrounding us!) let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment