Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catching Up

Last weekend was a whirlwind of activity. I left home on Wednesday, stopped in Asheville to run a few errands and purchase a wedding gift, then on to spend a little time with Daddy. Lots to do there.....his grocery shopping, a quick visit with an aunt and uncle, installing new telephone and tv for daddy, as well as some unexpected time with a childhood friend.

Then came Thursday and on to Columbia. I was running late (due to trying to prolong that time with my dear friend), so when I got to the in-laws house I barely had time to get stuff out of the car and clothes changed before it was off to the bridal luncheon. In fact, Emily (daughter-in-law) ironed the wrinkles out of my skirt while I freshened myself up! Thank you, Emily!! Lunch was great. Then Emily and I ran a few errands, I dropped her back at Granny & Papa's and went to check in to my hotel, get changed again and head downtown for rehearsal.

The rehearsal went off without any hitches and we had a wonderful rehearsal dinner.....complete with a delicious "Chocolate Extreme" cake - YUM!! After rehearsal, Al's plane arrived so went to collect him and then off to hotel for a good night's sleep.

Friday morning Al and Brian went fishing, and Brandon and I went to help set up tables & chairs for the wedding reception. Then time to get cleaned up again and off to the Lace House for the wedding. The Lace House is a beautiful pre-civil war house on the grounds of the SC Governor's Mansion. The wedding was held in the gardens and was absolutely beautiful. It was also unbelievably hot (although thankfully, no rain!).......so hot that I was "glistening" (southern women don't sweat!!) and my glasses kept sliding down my nose! I hope to have pictures posted soon on my Facebook page......that's on my list, but is part of the catching-up process!

Saturday morning we had breakfast together, then we (Al, Brandon and I) left Columbia for Greensboro where we attended a fabulous Gaither Vocal Band Concert on Saturday night. Then Sunday was spent driving back to Asheville to get Al's car at the Asheville Airport, and on home in time to lead choir rehearsal at our church, filling in for the regular choir director who was out of town.

So......as much fun as all that was, the end result - in part due to the fact that I reluctantly admit that I'm not as young as I used to be, and in part due to the heat (mid-90s) which I am not at all used to any more - was that I came home exhausted! Yesterday I tried to at least get some laundry done, but mostly I accomplished nothing. So, today begins the catching up process. I have quite a lengthy list......the "regular" stuff (laundry, etc.), getting ready to begin a new Precept study on Titus tonight, and the basement disaster which I am determined to do something about this week.

I think I need some extra vitamins!

No comments:

Post a Comment