Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sometimes There Are No Words


Sometimes we find ourselves with no words. Speechless. When we see a photograph like this one, taken a couple of years ago behind our house as the sun was coming up over the mountain.  Or when I saw that actual scene before the photograph was taken.
 
Speechless.
 
I frequently experienced an inability to find words as we traveled through Israel.  As I walked where Jesus had walked.  There were no words.  I was speechless.
 
 
 
There are other occasions when I find myself without words.  Times in prayer when I don't even know what or how to pray.  At such times I recall these words:
 
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."  (Romans 8:26 ESV)
 
"Consequently, he [Jesus] is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."  (Hebrews 7:25 ESV)
 
The Holy Spirit intercedes for me.
 
Jesus lives to make intercession for me.
 
When I have no words, Jesus Himself is praying for me.
 
And that leaves me speechless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment