Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Some Days

Some days it's hard to get going.

Some days it's hard to wake up.

Some days it's hard to get out of bed.

Some days I just don't want to.

Some mornings are just hard.

Today is one of those days.

But I did it anyway. 

I got up.  I let the dog out.  I put the bird feeders out. 

I really didn't want to do any of that.  But I did it anyway.

I sat down with my coffee.  Even that didn't help much.  But I drank it anyway.

I opened my Bible.  I read these words:

"The LORD is my strength and my shield, in him my heart trusts, and I am helped."  (Psalm 28:7 ESV)

And I was encouraged.

I'm still moving pretty slowly this morning.  But things are getting better.  Because I was encouraged by the Scriptures.  Because I am helped!

Thank you, Lord, for another day.  Thank you that even on these days when I'm off to a very slow start - perhaps especially on these days - You are my help, my strength and my shield.  My heart trusts in You.  Amen.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."  (Psalm 143:8 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment