Thursday, July 3, 2014

Get Your Shine On

I heard it at the car wash.

Get your shine on.

On Friday, the day before we left the beach, Al and I took his car to the car wash in an effort to leave most of the beach sand at the beach.  While we were waiting for the car to be washed, I heard this song playing in the background. 

In actuality, it was a little loud to be considered background music, in my humble opinion!  But I digress.

I don't know who was singing.  I don't know the title of the song.  I don't even really know what the song was about.  I rarely listen to the radio unless I'm in Al's car, and his radio is typically tuned to either Fox News or a southern gospel station.  I suppose I could have googled the song, but I didn't.  Because it wasn't the song that grabbed my attention.  It was that phrase.

Get your shine on.

When I heard that phrase, I wasn't thinking about the song or the singer.  I was reminded of the words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.

"Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."  (Matthew 5:16 ESV)

And I wondered......do I have my shine on?

Do you?

Am I, are you, radiating Jesus?

When others see me, does the glory go to me, or does the glory go to my Father in heaven?

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment