Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Today, I Will...

It seems the world has gone crazy. 

We're in the middle of an election season, listening to the never-ending blah blah blah that seems to be part of politics in this country these days.

We're still reeling from the news of the shooting in Orlando over the weekend.

Put all that on top of the stress and frustration that often characterize daily living, and it's all a bit more than we think we can deal with.

So today, in the middle of stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will remember:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you. (Isaiah 26:3 ESV)

The word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.  (Psalm 18:30 ESV)

You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.  (Psalm 3:3 ESV)

Today, in the middle of stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will trust:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.  (Isaiah 26:4 ESV)

Today, in the middle of stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will give thanks:

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!     (1 Chronicles 16:34 ESV)

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.  (Psalm 9:1 ESV)

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV)

Today, in the middle of stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will not be afraid.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore, we will not fear."  (Psalm 46:1-2a ESV)

Today, in the middle of stress and uncertainty and frustration, I will praise God!

I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Oh, magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt his name together.  (Psalm 34:1,3 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment