Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What Do Your Knees Look Like?

I haven't given a lot of thought lately to what my knees look like.  Actually, I'm more in tune with how my knees feel (not too good) and how they sound (not too good) than how they look.  My right knee in particular is in very bad shape and a knee replacement is in my near future.  Right now it sounds a lot like a bowl of Rice Krispies.....snap, crackle, pop!  But enough about that.

The Apostle James has often been referred to as "Old Camel Knees" because of his devotion to prayer.

Have you ever really looked at a camel's knees?  I snapped this photo on the Mount of Olives on our last trip to Israel.


This camel doesn't have very attractive knees, does he?  This particular camel spends his days giving rides to tourists there on the Mount of Olives.  He spends a lot of his time kneeling down to let the tourists get into the saddle. 

He spends a lot of time on his knees.
 
 
Apparently the Apostle James spent a lot of time on his knees to have earned the nickname "Old Camel Knees".  What a wonderful example to follow!
 
Yesterday's post was about the when of prayer.  Today let's think not only about the when, but also about the what.  What are you praying about today?  How much time and energy are you devoting to praying about those things?  What do your knees look like?
 
Today I'm praying as I begin preparing to teach our Life Group lesson this Sunday.  In the weeks when it isn't my turn to teach, I pray for my co-teachers, Mike and Max, as they prepare, just as I hope they are doing for me.
 
I'm praying for my family.  For my husband and my sons and my grandsons and my daughters-in-love.   They are always in my prayers.  And I pray for my extended family as well.
 
I'm praying for friends who are dealing with various health issues, as well as for those who were mentioned in our Life Group on Sunday who are in need of prayer.
 
I'm praying for guidance and directions for some writing projects that are in their early stages.  And I'm praying for wisdom and discipline to finish other projects that are begun but not yet finished.
 
I'm praying for my country.  For the elections this year.  That God would send us a Hezekiah.  (See last Friday's post for more about that.)
 
I have quite a long list.
 
What about you?   What are you praying about? 
 
How can I pray with you and for you?


"God answers our prayers not because we are good, but because He is good." (A.W. Tozer)

"Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice." (Psalm 55:17 NKJV)







No comments:

Post a Comment