Friday, January 29, 2016

It's Official

Yesterday morning I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.  He confirmed what I had been thinking and what my other doctors have said.  My right knee is shot.  Worn out.  Severe osteoarthritis of the right knee is the official diagnosis.  No remaining cartilage and bone grinding on bone is what that means.

The result of yesterday's visit is that I'll be getting a new knee sometime in March.  The doctor's office will call either today or next week with a definite surgery date.

This poor knee has had a rough week.  There was that experience with the extensionator on Tuesday.  Yesterday's x-rays included what is referred to as a "stress x-ray".  There were several of those, in fact, and stressed is what I felt while that was happening! To top it off, this has been one of those damp and cold weeks, which really doesn't help anything at all.

But the end is in sight. 

Meanwhile, my ice-pack and I will remain good friends!


"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  (Psalm 139:14 NASB)





No comments:

Post a Comment