Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Favorites

We're officially into the Christmas season, one of my favorite of all seasons. Thanksgiving is now a memory, and the season of advent is here.  The season of expectancy.  The season of celebration. 

For many, this is a season of elves and Santas.  For me, it is a season of anticipation and worship.  It's a season of focus.

Focus on Jesus.

Focus on Who He is.

Focus on why He came.

We began our Christmas celebrations on Sunday.  Each year in December, our church celebrates Christmas on Main Street.  That's appropriate, since the church building is located on Main Street!  The first of the Christmas on Main Street events, Keyboards and Carols, was held this past weekend.  Keyboards and Carols is one of my favorite ways to kick off this season of celebrating.

Keyboards and Carols is exactly what it sounds like:  multiple keyboards, which includes four grand pianos, some electronic keyboards, and our church's magnificent Casavant pipe organ.  Those keyboards, and the very talented musicians who played them, gave us an assortment of carols.  There were solos and duets.  Sacred songs and secular.  And the grand finale was magnificent!  All the instruments at the same time.  Wow!  Just wow!

If you would like to jump-start your holiday celebrations, or if you need a little help getting into the holiday spirit, you can watch Keyboards and Carols here:
http://livestream.com/fbcspartanburg/events/3447238

As we enter this Christmas season, the music of the season can be heard everywhere.  I love Christmas music!  I could listen to it all year long!

It's become traditional for me to devote quite a lot of my blogging time during December to my favorite Christmas carols.  And that always makes me curious about what other people's favorites are.  I'd love for you to leave a comment and let me know your favorite Christmas songs, and why they are your favorites.

I'll get us started with my all-time favorite line from one of my most favorite Christmas carols.  This line encapsulates the reason for the season.

I'll be writing more about this another day.  But for now, here's my favorite line:

"God and sinners reconciled."
 
Do you recognize it?  Leave a comment if you do. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment