Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Behind Schedule

Christmas will be here in just three more days, and I am seriously behind schedule.

I finally finished addressing Christmas cards yesterday, and they will be in the mail today.  At least that's the plan.

I'm still waiting on one last gift I ordered to be delivered.  Hopefully today.  Or maybe tomorrow.  I would really like to gift it before Christmas, but it's not looking like that's going to happen.  Besides that, there's one more gift I need to put in the mail today.

I started out this holiday season doing so well.  Because we had all the family here at Thanksgiving, and because I wanted to send their Christmas gifts home with them, most of the shopping and wrapping was done prior to Thanksgiving.  Most, but not all.

After Thanksgiving, I did the Christmas decorating.  And a little candy making.  But since then, I seem to be operating in slow motion, and I am so far behind schedule.  I'm not really sure how or why this happened, but here we are.

How thankful I am that, on that very first Christmas so long ago, things didn't get so far behind schedule.  In fact, everything happened right on time, just as it had been planned.

I love it when a plan comes together!

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons."  (Galatians 4:4-5 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment