Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Future. Anticipation.

Christmas Day 2015 is now a memory. Of course, at least for most of us, it's still with us because there's still the clean-up to do.  But the celebrating is done and we're moving on to the next thing.

I confess that I've already given a little thought to Christmas 2016.  That's because, if we stay on the same schedule that has worked for us for all these years, next year our family will all be together for Christmas.  Christmas this year was a quiet event, with just the two of us here.  Although I enjoyed that very much, I'm looking forward to having the house full of Feasters next year and to all the laughter and fun and chaos that goes along with that!

I'm looking forward to next Christmas, and I'm looking forward to all the Christmases to come.  I love the Christmas season!

But I'm also looking forward to the day when we are no longer here on earth celebrating the birth of Jesus.  To the day when we are in His presence, celebrating Him

What a day that will be!

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!  To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"  (Revelation 5:12-13 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment