Thursday, November 20, 2014

Just When I Need Him

When I got up this morning, I had no idea what this blog post was going to say.  My mind was a blank.  I had begun a post yesterday, but it is far from being completed.

As I was wondering what to write about, I recalled an episode of Family Feud that I had seen recently.  Steve Harvey read the question, and the contestant just stood there with a blank look on his face for most of his allotted time.  Then he said, "I got nothin'!"

That pretty much summed it up for me this morning!

Then I checked my e-mail.

Yesterday was one of those particularly frustrating days that are part of selling a house.  One of those days when waiting is hard.  Just one of those days.

Al and I were both frustrated.  And last night he said, "Why don't they just make a decision?"

Not knowing is the worst of the frustration.  Yes, it would be disappointing if they decided on another property.  But at least we would know.

So, Al asked the question.  And we both expressed our frustration.  But we had no answers to the question, so eventually we just went to bed.

This morning I checked my e-mail and discovered that, at the exact moment that we were having that conversation and asking "why don't they just make a decision?", our realtor had sent an e-mail saying that the prospective buyers would be back in the area on Saturday, wanting to see our house again, along with three other properties.

At the exact moment.

That answered the question what will I write about today?  And it answered our frustrations about why don't they just make a decision?  It drove me to prayer!  And to tears!

At the exact moment. 

Even if I didn't read the e-mail until today.  Even if I didn't know that the showing was set for Saturday. 

Even if I didn't know.  God knew.

God knew exactly what I needed.  He knew exactly when I needed it.  And He provided. 

I am overwhelmed.

All this has brought the words of an old hymn to my mind.  It's another one of those hymns we (sadly) don't sing much anymore.  But it's certainly appropriate this morning!

"Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
Just when I falter, Just when I fear;
Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
Just when I need Him most."
 
(words: William C. Poole; music: Charles H. Gabriel)
 
 
"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."  (Psalm 103:1-2)


No comments:

Post a Comment