Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's Official - I Have a Barcode!

One click of the mouse and the final proof was approved.  And with that click my little Bible study book became available for purchase on Amazon.com.

After months of dreaming about it and thinking about it.  Months of writing and re-writing.  Months of editing and proofing and then doing it again.  Months of study and of prayer.  After all that, my little book is now a reality!

 
 
In case you might be a bit curious as to what this is all about, here's an excerpt:
 
 
This book had its beginnings in a daily time of Bible reading.  As I was reading through John 15, this verse tugged at my heart strings:
“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain.” (John 15:16 NASB)
Go and bear fruit.  Bear fruit that remains.
Those commands of Jesus prompted me to dig a little deeper, to begin asking some questions.  Questions you may be asking as well.
What does it mean to bear fruit?
What kind of fruit?
How do I bear fruit? 
How do I bear fruit that remains?
As I was pondering these, and other, questions, I began to think in terms of a garden.  A Mother Goose poem came to mind:  Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
And so began this little book.  The title is a play on words based on that Mother Goose line.
As we dig deeper into the Scriptures, seeking answers to our questions about fruit, about bearing fruit, about fruit that remains, we will be approaching these questions from two perspectives.
How does your garden grow?  This question focuses us on the process. 
How does your garden grow?  This focuses us on condition. Just how well are we obeying the command to bear fruit?
This book is the result of my personal quest to answer the question how does your garden grow? 
 
And there you have it.  How Does Your Garden Grow? is written to be used for either personal or group study.  For more information, or to purchase copies for your personal use or for your small group, you can go to this link:  http://www.amazon.com/How-Does-Your-Garden-Grow/dp/1502963388/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415713348&sr=8-1&keywords=susan+feaster


No comments:

Post a Comment