Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What Are You Thankful for Today?

It's that time again......thankful Tuesday!  What are you thankful for today?

I'm thankful we're in the season of crisp air and apples and all things pumpkin.  And for that pumpkin spice latte I had yesterday, my first of the season.

I'm thankful for my family and my friends, those people who know me best and love me anyway.

Especially thankful for my dear husband, who looks out for me and takes care of me and encourages me and brings in the groceries from the car.  He's a very special man and I love him so!

I'm thankful for the ever-changing beauty of the view as I look out my front window. 

For a Creator God who designed all this beauty and gives me the privilege of enjoying it.

For my Pastor and my church.  For a powerful and convicting message on Sunday morning.

For the encouragement of the Scriptures.  "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope."  (Romans 15:4 ESV)

For this encouragement that I read this morning:  "For still the vision awaits its appointed time.....if it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come."  (Habakkuk 2:3 ESV)    This morning as I was praying and wondering about the sale of our house, and about when it will sell, or if it will sell, or just what will happen, this is the verse the Holy Spirit directed me to.

I'm so very thankful for the privilege of prayer.  That God hears.  That He answers.  In His time.  And so very grateful that, while I am waiting for that answer, God knows and understands and encourages my spirit.

I am so very grateful.  I have so many reasons for thanksgiving this Tuesday morning!

What about you?  What are you thankful for today?

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name.  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits."  (Psalm 103:1-2 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment