Thursday, September 18, 2014

Loving Fall!




It's that time of year again.  Leaves are beginning to change colors.  Acorns are falling, and soon the leaves will be falling as well.

I love the falling leaves, love the way they crunch under my feet, love how the colors change from day to day.  Falling leaves have been favorite things since I was a child!

Fall brings crisp air and a slight chill every morning. I love that!

And I love that every time fall comes around, it's a little bit different. Some years we have lots of reds, and some years the colors are primarily yellows and golds.  Some years the colors are brilliant and some years more muted, but in each case so beautiful.  It's a little early yet to see what this year will bring.

Crisp air.  Red and yellow and orange leaves.  The smell of wood burning in fireplaces.  Apples.  Pumpkins.  Football.  Sweaters.

I love fall.  And I love how each season has its own personality.  What a creative God we serve!

I especially love that even though the seasons change, our God never does.  He is the same in spring and summer and winter and fall.  His mercies never come to an end!

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment