Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thankful Tuesday

Tuesday is here again, and since it has become my tradition to think of this as "Thankful Tuesday", it's time for my weekly list of thanksgivings.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday, so I'll just begin with that.  I'm thankful for this precious man and for all the years we have shared together.  Thankful for all the years of his life, and looking forward to many more.  Thankful that we were able to spend a leisurely afternoon in Charleston yesterday before he spends his day today working a trade show here in Charleston.  I'm thankful for how hard he works and thankful that he has a good job that he enjoys.

I'm thankful we were able to enjoy Charleston on a beautiful day yesterday.  It's raining today, and I'm thankful for the rain, but especially thankful that it's raining today and not yesterday!

We enjoyed a delicious meal yesterday afternoon.  We ate breakfast late yesterday, so our evening meal was either a very late lunch or a very early dinner, depending on how you want to look at it.  Either way, it was delicious!  I'm thankful for whoever decided shrimp and grits go together.  YUM!

As I'm hearing all the news reports about US airstrikes in Syria last night, I am reminded how thankful I am for the men and women of our armed forces.

I'm thankful for my church.  Thankful for a pastor who unapologetically proclaims the truth of God's Word. 

I'm thankful for the Bible.  For the truths I read there.  For the way it speaks to my soul.

I'm thankful that "He who began a good work in [me] will be faithful to complete it.  (Philippians 1:6)

I'm thankful that "there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."              (Romans 8:1)

I'm thankful that "I am blessed with every spiritual blessing and sealed with the Holy Spirit."  (Ephesians 1)

I'm thankful that "the steadfast love of the LORD never ceases and His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning."  (Lamentations 3:22)

And I am thankful that God is working all things together for my good and for His glory.  (Romans 8:28)

Even on a rainy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment