Thursday, June 5, 2014

Even on a Cloudy Day

To many this is Throwback Thursday.  For me, this is Thankful Thursday.  It's a cloudy morning on this mountaintop; even so, there are many reasons to be thankful.

I'm thankful for the clouds which bring with them the promise of some much-needed rain.

On this dreary morning, I'm especially thankful for coffee.

For a good night of rest.

For a precious time with the Lord this morning.

As we approach the date of our wedding anniversary, I'm thankful for the wonderful man I married, and for all the years we have had together.

And as the anniversary of my daddy's passing is also approaching, I'm so thankful for him and for the legacy of faith he left behind.

I'm thankful for my family and so looking forward to our beach vacation in just a couple of weeks.

I'm thankful for the beauty I see out the front window every morning.  And every evening.  And all day in between!

Thankful for friends.  For encouragers.  For Facebook that keeps us in touch when we don't see each other often.

I'm thankful for the Bible.  For the truths I read there.  For the way it speaks to my soul.

I'm thankful that "He who began a good work in [me] will be faithful to complete it.  (Philippians 1:6)

I'm thankful that "there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."                  (Romans 8:1)

I'm thankful that "I am blessed with every spiritual blessing and sealed with the Holy Spirit."  (Ephesians 1)

I am thankful that God is working all things together for my good and for His glory.  (Romans 8:28)

There really are a lot of reasons for thanksgiving.  Even on a cloudy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment