Saturday, May 17, 2014

What a Week This Has Been!

The week began with Mother's Day, and after church on Sunday, I had wonderful conversations with both my sons.  We stopped after church to pick up my new laptop.  The data transfer from the burned-up old one to the new one had been successful.  What a relief that was!  And after we picked up the new laptop, we stopped for milkshakes.  It was a good day.

On Tuesday afternoon Brandon, Stephanie and AJ, and their house, averted disaster.  The pressure release valve on their propane tank did its job, and when pressure in the tank had built up, the top blew off the tank instead of the tank blowing up, and taking them and the house with it.  The Randleman Fire Department came and checked everything out.  All is well, and the propane tank has been taken away.  Since their fireplace doesn't work anyway, there's really no need to keep the tank.  I'm so thankful that turned out as it did.  The ending to that story could have been quite different.

Wednesday was the missionary commissioning service.  I went down to Spartanburg and helped serve dinner prior to the service. What a blessing and privilege to be useful! After dinner, the service blessed my heart in ways that I will still be processing for days and weeks to come.

I stayed overnight with good friends in Spartanburg.  And on Thursday morning, Cathy and I went over to Strawberry Hill.  Guess what I had for breakfast!  Not just any pancakes, but strawberry pancakes!  What a great way to start the day!  Good food and time with a good friend.  Happy, happy, happy!

It took much longer than normal to get back home from Spartanburg.  Heavy rain and terrible traffic caused major delays, but I arrived home safely.  And yesterday hubby returned from a week out of town.  Again - happy, happy, happy!

This has been a week filled with blessings.  Things don't always go the way we plan them.  Circumstances are not always what we expect or what we would desire.  But through it all, God is at work and His grace is sufficient for every need and every circumstances.

How thankful I am!

"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!" (Psalm 103:1 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment