Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Quiet Morning

It's a very quiet morning here on this mountain top.  Al is out of town today, so I'm here alone.  Except for Molly, who is napping.  The only sound is the sound of birds singing. 

We had a little bit of rain over night, which left us with low clouds and lingering fog this morning.



On this peaceful, quiet morning I am reminded of the words of the prophet Habakkuk:

"I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me."  (Habakkuk 2:1 ESV)

Quiet mornings like this one are good times for listening.


 
 

Quiet mornings like this one are good times to be still.  To be still and "consider the wonders of God."  (Job 37:14 NASB)


 
 
 
Quiet mornings like this one are a precious gift.
 
 
"Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening."  (1 Samuel 3:10 NASB)


No comments:

Post a Comment