Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Finally Here!

Over the last several weeks we have watched spring creep ever closer to our spot on this mountaintop.  The "green line" has inched its way closer day by day, never quite making it up to us.

When we've gone down to the mailbox or to town or down to South Carolina, we have really enjoyed the signs of spring.  Leaves on the trees.  Green grass.  Flowers.

A few days ago I saw a hint of a leaf on one of the trees across the road from us.  And now, finally, spring has come to our side of the road!

As I was counting my blessings this morning, I definitely counted leaves on trees as one of the things I'm grateful for today.


Spring comes late to these mountains, but it's finally here.

And I am so thankful!  What are you thankful for this morning?

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."        (John 1:16 NIV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment