Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's Throwback Thursday!

Since I received the photo book of our Israel trip earlier this week, I have been traveling down memory lane, revisiting favorite places in the Holy Land.

Here are a few of my favorite memories from trips gone by:



Both these photos were taken inside the Church of All Nations (also sometimes known as The Church of the Agony), which is on the Mount of Olives next to the Garden of Gethsemane.  The bedrock in the top photo is the place where it is believed Jesus prayed prior to his arrest.

The bottom photo helps me remember what a powerful time of worship we had there.  To kneel and pray near the place where my Savior prayed was an experience I will never forget.  I'm not sure who took this photo, but I thank them!




En Gedi will always be one of my favorite places.  "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for you, O God."  (Psalm 42:1)




Some of the best baklava I've ever eaten!




Singing Christmas Carols in the chapel at Shepherd's Field on our first trip.




Strolling together through Jerusalem on our second trip.




We've sailed the Sea of Galilee on each of trips to Israel, but on this most recent trip it was windy and cold!


We made wonderful memories on each of trips to the Holy Land.  How I would love to go again and make even more memories!  But whether or not I have opportunity to return there,  my memories will always be treasures.  And I don't have to wait for Thursday to roll around to recall them!





"You who put the LORD in remembrance, take no rest, and give him no rest until he establishes Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth."  (Isaiah 62:6b-7 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment