Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Winston Churchill Was Right

"Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill

We have a rather large pyracantha bush at the end of our front porch.  A few weeks ago, when the landscape crew was here to see what needed to be done to get our yard ready for spring, I told them to cut it down because it was dead.

That was on a Wednesday.  When the crew came to do the work on Saturday, just a few days later, there were green leaves on that bush.  This is what it looks like now.  I gave up too soon.




Every day that plant is a little greener, and it isn't the only one.  There are several more plants around here that I had given up on.  They were taking too long to come out of their winter hibernation.  Who could blame them after the winter we've had!  But in each case, I have been proven too impatient.  Every one of those plants I had given up on now has green leaves!


The Holy Spirit spoke to me yesterday.  I gave up too soon on these plants.  And the message to my frustrated, impatient, waiting heart is not to give up on other things too soon.  God's timing is always perfect.  He is never early.  Never late.  Always right on time.


"He hath made everything beautiful in his time."  (Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment