Monday, April 7, 2014

A Reminder

Last week was a rough week.  There were emotional highs and lows.  There were some challenging situations that had to be dealt with.  And the week ended with one of the worst arthritis flare-ups I've ever had.  I was feeling pretty beaten down as the week ended.

We were up early yesterday morning to get ready for church.  We were up earlier than normal in order to help serve breakfast to senior adults at our church (it was Senior Adult Sunday yesterday).  And I hadn't slept well at all on Saturday night.  As I was waiting for Molly to take care of her business, I was thinking about all that and I prayed, "Lord, I really need some encouragement."

A couple of hours later He answered that prayer in the form of a friend who encouraged me with some good news, who hugged on me, and who stood right there in the hall at church and prayed over me.  What a blessing she was to me!  And how good our gracious God is!

Not only was my prayer answered so quickly and so beautifully with exactly what I needed, but it was also a reminder of how good God is.  That He knows what we need even before we ask Him.  That He provides what we need.  That He always answers prayer.  And that His timing is perfect.

Thank You, dear Father, for that reminder!

"He hath made everything beautiful in His time."  (Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJV)



2 comments:

  1. Susan, beautifully written! God does meet us at the point of our need and "hugs" us in many ways. This is a reminder to look for the "hugs" or we will miss them when we need one so badly. Praying for you too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete