Friday, February 14, 2014

My Furry Valentine

Al and I met at a Valentine party 43 years ago. We were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. That was the beginning of our love story.  We married the following year.
 
During these years, we've celebrated a lot of Valentine's Days.  And we have celebrated in a lot of different ways.  There have been fancy dinners in elegant restaurants, and there have been quiet dinners at home.  There have been fancy Valentine cards, and there have been homemade ones.  There have been roses and chocolates and jewelry.
 
My favorite Valentine gift from my husband was this little fur person he gifted me with 10 years ago today.
 
 

There may be one possible exception to her status as "favorite Valentine gift ever".  That would be the chocolate dipped strawberries Al brought me from the Ghiaradelli store at Downtown Disney a couple of years ago!  It's a close competition!  But since those strawberries didn't last, and Molly is still here, she wins!  On that Valentine's Day 10 years ago, I never even imagined what a delight she would be.  I knew she was a beautiful puppy, but I had no idea how much fun she would be or what a bubbly personality she would have.  Although, like most of us, she has her "moments", she has been the best little fur companion I could ever have asked for.  She really is the Valentine gift that keeps on giving!
 
Like the rest of us in this household, Molly is getting old.  She's not quite as energetic as she once was.  In fact, she spends most of her time eating or sleeping.  But she's still a delight to have around and I love her to pieces!
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment