Thursday, February 27, 2014

I Win the Prize!

If a prize were to be given for procrastination, I would win!  Yesterday I was determined to catch up some long-delayed tasks, and even so I managed to waste half the day before I got started.  I was quite a successful procrastinator. So I hereby proclaim myself "Queen of Procrastination"!

I had avoided the paperwork for as long as I could.  But the unreconciled bank statements and all the little bits of paper could not be avoided any longer.  After all, the dreaded tax man awaits, so all this stuff really needed to be dealt with.

I could say that I don't know why I put this off for so long.  But that really wouldn't be the truth.  I put it off because I don't enjoy doing it.  So I act as if, by ignoring what needs to be done, it will just go away.  And eventually I must face the facts.  It's not going away.  The paper pile is only getting bigger.

So, yesterday I put my big girl panties on and dealt with it.  I stared at numbers until I was cross-eyed.  But now it's all caught up.  Only a few bits left to tidy up on the desk.

And once again, I have promised myself that I will never let this happen again.  I'm not sure why I can't learn this lesson.  That unpleasant tasks don't just go away because you want them to. 

Why do I continue to do this to myself?  I really can't explain it.  It's completely out of character for me.  But when it comes to paperwork, I confess it. I'm a procrastinator.

I am a procrastinator.  And I'm good at it!


"Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways and be wise."  (Proverbs 6:6 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment