Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Looking on the Bright Side

I'm really trying hard this morning to see the positives.  It was sleeting when we went to bed last night, and this morning the road is covered with a sheet of ice.......again.  And that means rescheduling my doctor appointment for another day when, hopefully, there won't be bad weather and I can actually get there.

I, like many other people around here, am so very tired of cold weather and snow and ice.  So ready for warm weather and flowers.  So ready for spring.

But spring isn't here yet.  So I'm trying to look on the bright side.

I'm not going over to Kingsport today.  No rheumatologist appointment today.  No shopping while I'm there.  No lunch date with the hubby.

But the good news is I have time for another cup of coffee here in my comfy chair in front of the fire.  I can sit and watch the birds while I drink my coffee.  I have time to read.  Time to study in preparation for teaching the Life Group lesson on Sunday.  I can finish the laundry.  I won't have to experience the stress of driving on an icy road.  And I don't have to have a needle stuck in my arm to draw blood.

So, there are some benefits to staying home.  There is a bright side.  There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever."  (Psalm 118:29 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment