Friday, December 27, 2013

Let the Packing Begin!

Only 3 more days!

On Monday, we will begin our journey to Israel.  We'll board a plane in Asheville, fly to Atlanta, then to JFK, and on to Tel Aviv.  It will be a long day.  We will actually arrive in Tel Aviv on Tuesday afternoon.  Of course, there's a 7 hour time difference to consider, but even so, it will be a long trip.  But so worth the time it takes to get there!

I'm so excited about this trip.  Looking forward to revisiting some of my favorite places.  En Gedi.  The Sea of Galilee.  Jerusalem.  The Mount of Olives.  The Garden of Gethsemane.  The Garden Tomb.

And to visiting some new places as well.  This year we will be spending our first two nights in Bethlehem.  We've never done that before.  On previous trips, we only spent a few hours in Bethlehem.

This year we'll be going to Hebron.  We've never done that before either, and I'm very excited about it.  Going to the place of the patriarchs Abraham and Isaac and Jacob.  ("So Abram moved his tent and came and settled by the oaks of Mamre, which are at Hebron, and there he built an altar to the Lord."  Genesis 13:18 ESV)

I'm so excited to be visiting new places and revisiting familiar ones.  To be going back to the land of the Bible.  To once again walk where Jesus walked.

But before that can happen, there's lots to do!  Finishing the laundry.  Being sure we have everything we need for the trip.  Checking and double-checking our lists.  Finishing up all my Words with Friends games.  Being sure I'm leaving the house clean.  And then there's the packing!  Getting everything we need for two weeks neatly packed into one suitcase each.  Being sure those suitcases don't exceed the 50-pound weight limit!

These next three days will be very busy.  I'm sure that will help the time pass quickly.  I certainly hope it will.  Because I am so excited to be going on this trip!

Let the packing begin!

"I walked today where Jesus walked,
And felt Him close to me."
(-Geoffrey O'Hara)

 
You can listen to Larnelle Harris sing the entire song here: 



No comments:

Post a Comment