Monday, April 1, 2013

Finished!

I have finally finished the photo book of our recent trip to Israel!  The order has been placed, and now I just must wait for the book to arrive in the mail.

In sorting through the hundreds (thousands!!) of photos of this trip - photos I took and that Al took, as well as those shared with us by others on the trip - I discovered one that has become my absolute favorite.  Not because it's of some particularly significant holy site.  It's a favorite because I think it really captures something very special.


See that cute couple walking together in the lower right hand corner?  Aren't they just adorable??!!  I just love this candid shot as Al and I are walking along toward the Southern Steps of the Temple Mount, completely oblivious to everybody around us.  Just two sweethearts out for a stroll!

Finishing up this photo album over this Easter weekend has been so special, as the last pages of my book cover the events of the crucifixion and resurrection.  Those sites are the places we visited on our last days in Jerusalem.  In fact, on our last day there, we followed Jesus' steps from the Garden of Gethsemane, to the House of Caiphas, down the Via Dolorosa, to Golgatha and then to the Garden Tomb.  Remembering that day in Jerusalem, revisiting those places in my memory, was a special part of my Easter celebration.

All that was so fresh in my mind as we went to worship yesterday, as we celebrated Resurrection Sunday!  We looked at the events through Matthew's account in our Life Group.  The pastor's message led us through the events as recounted by Luke.  The message....the fellowship.....the music.....the worship......all made yesterday's celebration of Resurrection Day one I will not soon forget.

This morning I am still thrilled by hearing the choir and Joni sing "This Blood"......amazing! But as I reflect on yesterday, and on the Crucifixion and Resurrection, there's another song playing over and over in my head.  It's one of those new songs that isn't so new any more, one that has been set aside for newer songs.  But it's the song of my heart this morning as I remember the cross and the empty tomb.  As I remember that "It is finished!"
 
FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE DONE
I WILL THANK YOU!
FOR ALL THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO!
FOR ALL THAT YOU'VE PROMISED
AND ALL THAT YOU ARE
IS ALL THAT HAS CARRIED ME THROUGH!
JESUS, I THANK YOU!

AND I THANK YOU!
THANK YOU, LORD!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU, LORD!
THANK YOU FOR LOVING AND SETTING ME FREE!
THANK YOU FOR GIVING
YOUR LIFE JUST FOR ME!
HOW I THANK YOU!
JESUS, I THANK YOU!
GRATEFULLY, THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
(-Dennis Jernigan)
 
 
 
"Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 
(1 Corinthians 15:57 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment